Here is a really quick and simple recipe to make granola. I use it for a multitude of things for example putting in yogurt, adding to a nut and seeds mix, and carrying on a run or bike ride as a snack.
2 & 2/3 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup dried raisins
1/2 cup dried currants
1/2 cup dried unsweetened cranberries (apple juice sweetened is fine but avoid sugar sweetened!)
1/4 cup honey
- First chop the dried fruit and place in a bowl.
- Now is probably a good time to heat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit or 175 Celsius.
- Put the oats into a large mixing bowl and pour the honey into it. Mix the oats and honey with the back of a metal tablespoon until it’s thoroughly mixed and coated all the oats.
- Add and mix in the chopped dried fruit.
- Once mixed place this mixture into a large glass oven safe dish. I use one that is 9×13 inches (23×33 centimetres).
- Cook for 25 minutes, then stir it to expose the oats from under the top golden layer. Give this another 5 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool and then store in a sealed glass container.
It will last in a sealed container for at least a week or two.
Some pictures below to show the various stages of preparation and the finished product.